Pages

Thursday 24 September 2015

Using what I know

WALT: think about what I already know before I start reading

Success Criteria:
  • I can share my ideas about what I already know before I start reading
  • I can learn from what others already know to help me in my reading
  • I use what I already know to help me work out new and tricky words
  • I use what I already know to help me better understand what I read

Photo of KWL (from the group) and/or draw it

How I am going

I can share my ideas about what I already know before I start reading
Kerri thinks



I can learn from what others already know to help me in my reading
Kerri thinks


I use what I already know to help me work out new and tricky words
Kerri thinks



I use what I already know to help me better understand what I read
Kerri thinks




Thinking about what I already know helps me because: we have discussed the book and my brain is ready for the new stuff in my book.

It was really hard when: I have to listen to the ideas of the other kids.

Something that really helped me was: thinking about what I am doing so I am doing the right thing.

Something new I learned was: talking and thinking before I start can help me.

Kerri Thinks
I am pleased that talking and thinking before you start reading helps you as a reader. It helps you to better understand what you read and to make connections to other stories and you.
Your next learning step is to listen to the ideas of other kids. In the group we need to work together share together and learn together.

No comments:

Post a Comment