Pages

Monday 14 September 2015

Rangatiratanga

We are learning about Rangatiratanga (Leadership and initative).

This is what we think Rangatiratanga is...
  • Helping new kids –showing them what to do and where things are
  • Doing something without being asked
  • Helping
  • Solving problems for ourselves… thinking
  • Leading by example… showing by doing
  • It is not being a bossy boots
Rangatiratanga (Leadership and Initiative) - it is all about thinking and making some choices for ourselves.

I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initiative) in the classroom.
Kerri thinks



I show rangatiratanga - (leadership and initiative) in the playground.
Kerri thinks



My Reflection
I show rangatiratanga in the playground by: by including some friends in my games.

I show rangatiratanga in the classroom when: at writing time I get on with my writing and do a lot of thinking.

It was really hard when: at play time because there are so many kids around and I don't really know what to do.

Kerri Thinks
Rangatiratanga is all about thinking for yourself and leadership. We talked about leading by example, this is when you are doing the right thing and making good choices. Great thinking Eva, you do a lot of thinking during writing and you get on with it. It would be great to see this kind of leadership in other areas too... you could make sure you do all the must dos on your i time chart (not just the bits you like!)

No comments:

Post a Comment