Pages

Sunday 6 September 2015

My Brother Blake

Writing
In High5 we have been practising writing to describe. That means we are trying to get the reader to see what we see, we are using our words to create a picture. We have been adding details to our writing to help make the picture clearer.

Task:
Our job is to do this planning and write our own story about a person in our family that is special to us.

Success Criteria:
  • I planned my writing 
  • I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
  • I did some fixing by myself
My writing:

How I am going

I planned my writing
Kerri thinks


I added details (what I can seehow my person moveswhat I might hear from my person)
Kerri thinks


I did some fixing by myself
Kerri thinks




Reflection

My favourite part was: being able to share about someone in my family

It was really hard when:  I had to add lots of details because you have to think a lot.

Something that really helped me was: that I knew the person that I was writing about. My plan helped me to remember all my ideas.

Something new I learned was: how to do some fixing so my writing makes sense.

Kerri Thinks
What a fabulous story about Blake. I know that it can be tricky to add loads of details to your writing but you have done it!  You have given the reader lots of ideas details about Blake and how he makes you feel. Your next learning step is to do more fixing by yourself. Sometimes fixing includes changing some of the words so they are more powerful (juicy) or adding some more ideas. This is a tricky step but you are ready for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment