Pages

Saturday 27 June 2015

I am a scientist

We have been learning to think like scientists this term. Learning all about plants has helped us to become scientists. We have been asking lots of questions and trying to answer them. We found out that plants breathe and drink water. We found the best way to germinate a seed – seeds need water to germinate but the plant needs water, soil and sun to grow well.
WALT: investigate
         Ask questions
         Make predictions (think about what is going to happen)
         Observe and record what happens    
Use what we have observed to make conclusions
WALT share our ideas

Task
Show my science learning using play dough, drawing and labelling what we can see, classifying the plants and completing the plant life cycle activity.

Success Criteria:
I can ask questions
I think about what might happen
I look closely (observe)
I share my ideas

How I am going

I can ask questions
Kerri thinks

 

I think about what might happen
Kerri thinks



I look closely (observe)
Kerri thinks
 


I share my ideas
Kerri thinks



Reflection

I really like: growing our own plants, it's so cool!

I think I need to practice: sitting still when Kerri is teaching us so that I know what we are doing and how to do it.

Something that really helped me was: having real plants to look at and touch.

Kerri thinks
You are a creative thinker Eva and that shows in your science learning. You have loads of ideas and questions and you love to share your thinking. As a scientist remember to listen to other people and think about what they have to say and to look very closely (observe) what is happening in our investigations.

No comments:

Post a Comment